The second stage of “Climate Innovation Vouchers” program brought EUR 400 000 of innovation grants for 10 Ukrainian companies developing climate-positive technologies.
Climate Innovation Vouchers will help program awardees to boost the development and speed-up time-to-market for their GHG-reducing, resource- and energy-efficiency advancing solution.
The winners of the Climate Innovation Vouchers 2nd wave are:
- Autoenterprise (Kharkiv) – for further development and testing of EV fast charging systems
- DS Electronics (Kyiv) – for certification of «smart» thermostat
- Ecoprod (Volnovakha) – for developing microbiological additives boosting the efficiency of biogas digesters
- NVF Zond (Ivano-Frankivsk) – for developing and certification natural gas caloric value metering system
- Prana Platinum (Lviv) – for automation of decentralized ventilation/heat recuperation systems with cloud-based control system
- Rotor-Sumy (Sumy) – for development and automation of biomass-powered micro-CHP system with Stirling engine
- SolarGaps (Kyiv) – for industrial design and automation of energy-generating solar-blinds
- First National Charging Network «Toka» (Kyiv) – for certification EV charging systems with inter-network roaming support
- xBeam 3D / NVO «Chervona Hvylya» (Kyiv) – for creating software for managing xBeam 3D industrial 3D printer for titanium-based additive manufacturing
- Yunasko (Kyiv) – for industrial scaling of ultracapacitors electrodes manufacturing using water-based solvent instead of toxic organic solvents.
According to Sergiy Maslichenko, Associate Director at the Energy Efficiency and Climate Change Team at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, “With the second stage of the Program we see a significant extension of geography as well as of the range of solutions. Companies from Kyiv, Lviv, Kharkiv, Sumy, Ivano Frankivsk and Volnovaha have received the vouchers helping to decrease a greenhouse gases emission in agriculture, utility services, transportation and aerospace as well as other industries, ”
Johannes Baur, First Counselor, Head of the Operations Section at the EU Delegation to Ukraine stressed that Climate Innovation Vouchers is an important practical mechanism launched by EU and EBRD to support Ukrainian companies in testing of new technologies and facilitation of sustainable development in Ukraine.
Roman Zinchenko, head of “Climate Innovation Vouchers” program and Chairman of the Board of NGO “Grencubator” added “We are happy that climate innovations made in Ukraine will serve the leaders of Ukrainian business and further develop high-added-value technological export. It is opening great opportunities for growth of the tech sector of our economy with a positive impact on climate and environment”.
Call for applications for the third stage of “Climate Innovation Vouchers” program is open from January 16 to February 28. More details – here.
About the organizers:
The EBRD is the largest international financial investor in Ukraine. To date, the Bank has made a cumulative commitment of almost €11.6 billion through 383 projects since the start of its operations in the country in 1993.
The EBRD’s FINTECC program is designed to transfer technology in the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation. The three-year FINTECC program is supported by US$ 7 million of grant funding from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and a €4 million grant from the EU’s NIF.
The EU Neighborhood Investment Facility (NIF) is a mechanism aimed at mobilizing additional funding to finance capital-intensive infrastructure projects in EU partner countries which are covered by the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP) in sectors such as transport, energy, environment and social development. The NIF also supports the private sector, mainly through investment grants and risk-capital operations targeting small and medium-sized enterprises.
Greenсubator develops the ecosystem for sustainable entrepreneurship, climate innovations and a green economy in Ukraine. The main goal of Greenсubator is to increase the number of players and developers of climate-positive innovations for the green economy, helping them to attract investment and enter global markets and thus contribute to the growth of a low-carbon economy in Ukraine.
For more information please contact:
+380 97 9020805